This take-from-your-couch online course is perfect for new mothers, new-again-parents, and parents in late pregnancy. The webinar is a great start yet this course provides so much more information in 16 bite-sized videos with additional bonus videos and Breastfeeding Plan to share with your healthcare provider. The goal is for parents to gift themselves a strong start to their breastfeeding/infant feeding journey.
Participants will be able to:
- Understand the importance of breastfeeding to parents, the baby, the environment in more detail
- Become familiar with why a “Baby-Friendly” birthplace is important
- Have familiarity with how baby’s behaviour and tongue shows readiness for first feed
- Learn details of how to get a comfortable latch
- Learn details of mother and infant positions
- Become aware of international recommendations for infant feeding and tips if infant formula is suggested
- Gain perspective on breastfeeding, is it easy to breastfeed or hard?
- Know what to expect for baby’s output i.e., pees, poop as the first days progress
- Receive tips of what to purchase
- Learn tips for a birth plan and postpartum plan, and be provided a Breastfeeding Plan template
Intended Audience: Pregnant mothers, new parents, along with a significant other. Highly beneficial for healthcare professionals.
Cost: $49 CAD